Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!!

Posted by: Fluffi

Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/15/20 03:09 PM

This might just possibly melt your heads, but this forums self-declared liberal leftie thinks that the shooting of Rayshard Brooks was entirely correct.

I have just watched the unedited cop bodycam video and the CCTV from the Wendys camera.

Why is there any debate about the justification for this shooting?
Posted by: Zin

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/15/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Fluffi
This might just possibly melt your heads, but this forums self-declared liberal leftie thinks that the shooting of Rayshard Brooks was entirely correct.

I have just watched the unedited cop bodycam video and the CCTV from the Wendys camera.

I have no idea why there is a debate... Other than you might be Left... But they left you behind and went CRAZY left.

Posted by: Sawo

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/16/20 08:40 AM

Well... it seems that shooting colored habitual offender is a bad thing even when law enforcers wellbeing is at stake.
Posted by: Aran

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/16/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Fluffi

I hate that it happened, like every shooting, but also agree it seems pretty cut and dry.

Shame that cop is going to get strung up due to when it happened.
Posted by: Ellisande

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/16/20 11:06 PM

Lethal force was not appropriate in that situation. And if you take all of the surrounding BLM stuff into consideration, they should have acted even more cautiously. A fucking taser? Seriously not a reason to kill a man.
Posted by: Fluffi

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/17/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Ellisande
Lethal force was not appropriate in that situation. And if you take all of the surrounding BLM stuff into consideration, they should have acted even more cautiously. A fucking taser? Seriously not a reason to kill a man.

Nobody here doubts that I am vehemently anti-gun, and I am genuinely sorry that the guy is dead.

However....

I am bored sitting at home in lockdown, and have a great deal of spare time to wander the internet, which allowed me to find the basis for my conclusion that this shootoing was justified.

A couple of weeks ago, the Fulton DA charged Atlanta cops with aggravated assault for tazing students.
One of the Georgia criteria for an aggraveted assault charge is that a deadly weapon was used.
(Repeated tazing of students is BAD!)
For the DA to believe that an aggravated assault charge is appropriate in this case, it nust be his contention that a tazer is a deadly weapon.

Now fast-forward a little...

The same DA is now considering bringing charges against the cop who shot Rayshard.
Rayshard was armed with a tazer - which that DA considered a couple of weeks ago to be a deadly weapon (but which in his opinion of this case is a non-lethal weapon)

Such a cynical about-face, just to appease public opinion is revolting.
Either the cops who tazed the students with what the DA now thinks is a non-lethal weapon get exonerated, or the cop who shot Rayshon, who was armed with a lethal weapon is exonerated.
Which would you like it to be?
(By the way, anyone who has seen the video saw Rayshon fire the tazer at the cop; but even in my shitty little country, cops are armed with 2-shot tazers, so Rayshon (according the DA definition from 10 days ago) was still carrying a loaded deadly weapon)

I am sorry that any of these people got tazed / shot.

I am possibly the most left-wing person any of you have ever corresponded with, but I find this to be a perfect example of the right-wing trope (that the "left" like to hit the "right" with) of "political correctness gone mad."
I am ashamed that the DA felt it necessary to flip-flop his opinion of what constitutes a deadly weapon simply to follow the zeitgeist.
Posted by: Zin

Re: Liberal Leftie Agrees With US Cops Shooting A Black Man !!!!! - 06/17/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Ellisande

Negative. But only because know there are known unknowns.

They were there for a DUI... It is not procedure or likely even legal to search him before charging him with some sort of crime. So they DON'T know if he has weapons on him. Here is what they do know:

He resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, stole a weapon from the police officer, and ran... The cops didn't fire at him until he drew and fired a weapon at them. To me that showed all kinds of restraint.

Now they DID NOT shoot this man until he fired a weapon at them. Was it likely it was the tazer that was stolen? Sure.. Can the cops be sure of that? No... Again... He wasn't searched.

If a man is willing to risk his life to avoid jail, your are damn straight that he is a risk to the public at large. Let alone to those policemen.

It's a good shoot.