Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#105864 - 04/11/19 09:25 AM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Aran]
Sawo Offline
Worst poster ever

Loc: Suomi Finland
homo

#105865 - 04/12/19 04:43 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Fluffi Offline
Short-Arsed Git

Loc: England... Then Left A Bit
Reply To Thread....

Maybe I am over-analysing and generalising here, but the original advert looks to be insulting me personally; in order to gain bonus points in the "currently-fashionable SJW arena."

DISCLOSURE:

I am a middle-class, middle-aged white male.
I have all the *coughs* "privileges" that apply to my race / class.

I have a lesbian sister who loves her wife.
I will kill to protect either of them.

I also have a (please excuse non-PC terminology), a genetic female niece who is currently transitioning to be male.
I will kill to protect him/her.

Neither of these things has any bearing on my choice of shaving products, and I find it rather upsetting that my choice of grooming products could brand me as mysogynist.

Looks like a cheap shot at getting publicity to me,

#105866 - 04/12/19 11:07 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Fluffi]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: Fluffi
Reply To Thread....

Maybe I am over-analysing and generalising here, but the original advert looks to be insulting me personally; in order to gain bonus points in the "currently-fashionable SJW arena."

While I agree with this... I also at the same time don't understand why they would want to.

They have be gaining something somewhere from this. Something we aren't seeing.

#105867 - 04/22/19 06:04 AM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Fluffi Offline
Short-Arsed Git

Originally Posted By: Zin
Reply To Thread....

While I agree with this... I also at the same time don't understand why they would want to.

Oh come on!

You're more intelligent than that.

This is nothing but the result of a "focus-group" directing their current advertising campaign at hot-button issues of the day.

Seach YouTube for current popular topics....

ANTIFA, feminist SJW, Anti-AltRight, "there are 36 genders", BLM, etc, etc.

ALL of which portray an impression of the CIS, white, male dominating everyone else (and being a bit of a cunt about it.)

That's not me. I don't thinks it's you. But both of us were tarred with that brush.

If Gilette wants to truly follows the zeitgeist, then they would produce an advert which has a trans (either way), black person shaving; whilst saying "see - the white power-brokers have no control over me. Thats's why I choose Gilette!"

#105868 - 04/22/19 08:47 AM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Fluffi]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

Originally Posted By: Zin
Reply To Thread....

Oh come on!

You're more intelligent than that.

This is nothing but the result of a "focus-group" directing their current advertising campaign at hot-button issues of the day.

Seach YouTube for current popular topics....

ANTIFA, feminist SJW, Anti-AltRight, "there are 36 genders", BLM, etc, etc.

But that's just it... This is just such a small minority... Why spend money to go after it in this fashion? It's a losing proposition. You don't make money by insulting your majority base of customers.

This isn't like a movie series... There isn't anything backing this. There's no investment in the future for me to buy products. And they aren't stupid... They have to know this.

#105869 - 04/22/19 04:19 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Fluffi Offline
Short-Arsed Git

You used the word in your own answer, but in a different context: "fashion"

These topics are incedibly important in our current obsessed-with-internert-trivia society.

"I buy Gilette 'cos I want wimmens to be more powerful" will sell a lot of razors, but in all honesty, if thy go flat-out and say "I buy Gilette because I hate Trump" they will sell a shit-load more.

This is not a good thing for your society.

#105870 - Yesterday at 08:38 AM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Fluffi]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

You used the word in your own answer, but in a different context: "fashion"

These topics are incedibly important in our current obsessed-with-internert-trivia society.

"I buy Gilette 'cos I want wimmens to be more powerful" will sell a lot of razors, but in all honesty, if thy go flat-out and say "I buy Gilette because I hate Trump" they will sell a shit-load more.

This is not a good thing for your society.

But they didn't sell a shit load more. They spent a lot of money on an add that didn't get them more sales. o.0

And this is where I could be wrong... But I think this will hurt them in the future. The only reason I question why it won't, is because it didn't tank them in the present. They... Really didn't move at all. So they spent a lot of money to gain NOTHING.

So.. Unless this helps them in the future, it's a bad move. If Trump wins a second election, I think it's safe to say it was a stupid move... yes?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Zombies and 0 Big Icky Spiders that are going to bite Viv online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod, Specuuul
Moderator:  Dani, Thor, Trillian, vivian 
Recent OT Topics
Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer
by Fanny Adams
02/10/19 03:22 AM
Featured Member
Zin
Zin
Top Posters
Ellehcim 6276
baraka66 5396