Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#105843 - 03/08/19 11:17 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Gruggo]
Drakken Payne Offline
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted By: Gruggo
With regard to the guy approaching the girl on the street, it seems to depend on 1) what he is going to say and/or 2) whether the girls would find him attractive or not. Hard to make the case of it being “toxic” if those factors change the scenario.

I would submit that it also depends on whether the guy is the type of guy to hit on every semi-attractive woman he sees whether the situation is appropriate for that sort of thing or not.

In a bar or some other social setting? Yeah, OK. Just walking down the street? Not so much, at least in my opinion.

#105844 - 03/08/19 11:34 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Drakken Payne]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: Drakken Payne
With regard to the guy approaching the girl on the street, it seems to depend on 1) what he is going to say and/or 2) whether the girls would find him attractive or not. Hard to make the case of it being “toxic” if those factors change the scenario.

I would submit that it also depends on whether the guy is the type of guy to hit on every semi-attractive woman he sees whether the situation is appropriate for that sort of thing or not.

In a bar or some other social setting? Yeah, OK. Just walking down the street? Not so much, at least in my opinion.

That also goes into why the kids were running after that first kid at the start of the commercial.

Lets say together, I've been preaching it for 20 years now... WHY matters.

Maybe that kid running from the "bullies" just kicked over a wheelchair with a disabled child in it.

Maybe he just broke a kittens neck to watch it die.

Maybe, maybe, maybe... There is no context... It's just that it's bad to... What? Fight?

#105845 - 03/08/19 11:40 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Sawo]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

Originally Posted By: Sawo
There are no male toxisity amongst ISIL

You're right... There's not.

I agree with Gruggo... It's not about Masculinity... It's about assholes.

The only problem here is... They didn't say that.

#105846 - 03/09/19 03:17 AM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Gruggo]
Sawo Offline
Worst poster ever

Loc: Suomi Finland
With regard to the guy approaching the girl on the street, it seems to depend on 1) what he is going to say and/or 2) whether the girls would find him attractive or not. Hard to make the case of it being “toxic” if those factors change the scenario. What was your opinion of those two examples?

Do you guys know that sales of these TPE and silicone real like and size "sex dolls" are massive these days? They are like modern career woman. They dont cook, dont clean but they look stunning. Differense is, that you can hug them when you need, and they listen your worries. And they let you butt fuck them.

#105847 - 03/12/19 11:50 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Sawo]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

With regard to the guy approaching the girl on the street, it seems to depend on 1) what he is going to say and/or 2) whether the girls would find him attractive or not. Hard to make the case of it being “toxic” if those factors change the scenario. What was your opinion of those two examples?

Do you guys know that sales of these TPE and silicone real like and size "sex dolls" are massive these days? They are like modern career woman. They dont cook, dont clean but they look stunning. Differense is, that you can hug them when you need, and they listen your worries. And they let you butt fuck them.

While I grant you I do get a kick out of "turning on" the lady... That's not really the route I'm going for.

#105849 - 03/23/19 03:45 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

This is what I think Gillette was trying to do... And failed miserably.

#105850 - 03/26/19 02:35 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Drakken Payne]
Gruggo Offline
enthusiast

Not sure how often a guy does it affects the question of whether it is inappropriate or not.

With regard to the setting, I somewhat agree. The more social the setting, the more understandable it is for someone to approach someone else. However, have we really gotten to the point where it is not acceptable to approach someone else on the street to meet them? I'm not commenting on guys that are offensive in how they approach a woman. Those cases are more clearer as being wrong, but the commercial shows one guy stopping another guy from even approaching the woman. That's seems to be over-inclusive as to wrong toxic masculinity. They should have gone with the stereotypical image of construction workers heckling a woman on the street.

#105851 - 03/26/19 02:39 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Gruggo Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Zin
There are no male toxisity amongst ISIL

You're right... There's not.

I agree with Gruggo... It's not about Masculinity... It's about assholes.
To be fair, I think it was Drakken who made the point about it being about assholes first.

Quote:
The only problem here is... They didn't say that.
Well, that's how I took it when they started the commercial off by stating toxic masculinity. They weren't talking about all masculinity, just toxic masculinity. Just because you might disagree with their examples of what constitutes toxic masculinity does not mean they didn't target it.

#105852 - 03/26/19 02:43 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Zin]
Gruggo Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Zin

This is what I think Gillette was trying to do... And failed miserably.
Nah, this ad has a different meaning. This ad was a little passive and more about the women. The Gillette one was purposely attacking toxic masculinity. I live in NYC, some people here are living embodiments of the Gillette ad in attacking toxic masculinity.

#105853 - 03/26/19 11:28 PM Re: Okay, new topic and maybe this will get an interesting answer [Re: Gruggo]
Zin Offline
Sir Sheldon

Not sure how often a guy does it affects the question of whether it is inappropriate or not.

With regard to the setting, I somewhat agree. The more social the setting, the more understandable it is for someone to approach someone else. However, have we really gotten to the point where it is not acceptable to approach someone else on the street to meet them? I'm not commenting on guys that are offensive in how they approach a woman. Those cases are more clearer as being wrong, but the commercial shows one guy stopping another guy from even approaching the woman. That's seems to be over-inclusive as to wrong toxic masculinity. They should have gone with the stereotypical image of construction workers heckling a woman on the street.

That actually would have made sense. BUT... The commercial did go out of it's way to promote that it was the majority of men that was the problem. How is it possible you don't see that?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Aran), 28 Zombies and 0 Big Icky Spiders that are going to bite Viv online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod, Specuuul
Moderator:  Dani, Thor, Trillian, vivian 
Recent OT Topics
Hey... We're back.
by Zin
08/19/19 09:16 PM
Hey fuckers!!!
by Drakken Payne
07/02/19 07:50 PM
Happy 9th Anniversary OTNHB!
by Sawo
05/24/19 05:06 PM