Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105755 - 10/31/18 08:31 AM Naturalized Birth
Notzaga Offline
DramaMoose

I find it hard to argue the legislation being prepared to prevent this. The number of people who have abused the system to take advantage of a loop hole in our constitution has cost the US billions upon billions.

Would there be such a large caravan coming toward our borders if having a child on US soil wasn't a guarantee of citizenship?

Tough questions and tough answers. Do those children that our granted citizenship via this loophole really benefit or do they live on the fringe of society? I'm sure there are plenty of examples where they shine so its not an easy task to solve.

Maybe a wall isn't such a bad idea for the country. It won't be good for the states that border Mexico by any measure in the short to mid term. So many variables there simply isn't a way to be on one side (left) or the other (right) unless you have no conscious.

Ok, thats enough for now.

NZ
If in doubt refer to rule #1.

#105758 - 10/31/18 08:49 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Notzaga]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Loc: Iowa
The people coming here in the caravan believe it's worth it.

#105759 - 11/02/18 01:05 AM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Zin]
baraka66 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The caravan is not about anchor-babies.

#105760 - 11/02/18 05:05 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: baraka66]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Originally Posted By: baraka66

Eh... It is and it isn't. Meaning it's not yet.

They would have to be insane not to get, or make someone, pregnant and have the kid on US soil. That's about the only way they know they won't be deported.

It's not like it's a secret. So.. It's not about that YET. But if they get in, of course it's going to become that.

#105761 - 11/02/18 07:22 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Zin]
baraka66 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Zin

They would have to be insane not to get, or make someone, pregnant and have the kid on US soil. That's about the only way they know they won't be deported.

It's not like it's a secret. So.. It's not about that YET. But if they get in, of course it's going to become that.

These people are being recruited into this caravan by groups backing the Democrats and using the migrants as a political football.

These groups are hoping Trump will respond violently. The family separation policy came a reaction to another caravan that made it's way in April. Now he's sending Troops and the Democrats and those who back them are hoping something violent happens before the midterms.

It's not going to work because there are as many Democrats who are xenophobic and racist as there are Republicans who are just as scared of this caravan. They may not express these views publicly, but voting is done in secret.

#105762 - 11/02/18 10:24 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: baraka66]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

These people are being recruited into this caravan by groups backing the Democrats and using the migrants as a political football.

Some of them are. Sure. Not all of them. Hell maybe most of them that really do want to come to the US wouldn't be trying without this caravan. I personally think that's likely.

But there are people in there that don't wish to make a political statement... They just want to fuck'n leave.

Quote:
These groups are hoping Trump will respond violently. The family separation policy came a reaction to another caravan that made it's way in April. Now he's sending Troops and the Democrats and those who back them are hoping something violent happens before the midterms.

This is true. However that will get some who wouldn't have voted before to vote more democrat. I think it would be a wash for Trump.

Just as with the Kavanaugh case... I think Democrats are hurting themselves. Their long term gains are being fucked by this short term reach.

Quote:
It's not going to work because there are as many Democrats who are xenophobic and racist as there are Republicans who are just as scared of this caravan. They may not express these views publicly, but voting is done in secret.

I believe this as well.

#105763 - 11/03/18 02:17 AM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Zin]
Sawo Online   dribble-icon
Worst poster ever

Loc: Suomi Finland
I hope all ends into Civil War 2.

#105764 - 11/03/18 10:06 AM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Sawo]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Originally Posted By: Sawo
I hope all ends into Civil War 2.

It won't.

But I do believe the US will lose it's top political/military position in the next 10 years. That's something.

#105765 - 11/08/18 05:25 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: Zin]
baraka66 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Some of them are. Sure. Not all of them. Hell maybe most of them that really do want to come to the US wouldn't be trying without this caravan. I personally think that's likely.

But there are people in there that don't wish to make a political statement... They just want to fuck'n leave.

Quote:

This is true. However that will get some who wouldn't have voted before to vote more democrat. I think it would be a wash for Trump.

Just as with the Kavanaugh case... I think Democrats are hurting themselves. Their long term gains are being fucked by this short term reach.

Quote:

I believe this as well.

Well this caravan thing kinda fizzled.

#105766 - 11/08/18 08:16 PM Re: Naturalized Birth [Re: baraka66]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Quote:

Quote:

I believe this as well.

Well this caravan thing kinda fizzled.

It no longer has political value. I mean news ... Hell, hang on ...

I love this show... It's actually pretty damn accurate about a lot of things.

What I believe relevant there starts around the 2 minute mark.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Sawo), 13 Zombies and 0 Big Icky Spiders that are going to bite Viv online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod, Specuuul
Moderator:  Dani, Thor, Trillian, vivian 
Recent OT Topics
Saudi Arabia
by Notzaga
10/31/18 07:34 PM
Naturalized Birth
by Notzaga
10/31/18 08:31 AM
I so wish I would have thought of this...
by Zin
10/11/18 06:09 PM
Featured Member
Top Posters
Ellehcim 6276
baraka66 5392
Flora Green 5310
Ellisande 5132
Sawo 4794
Gallery
Phoenix Pictures

Newest Members