Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105715 - 09/11/18 04:21 PM My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan
Wolfe4086 Offline
Slayer of Goth Booty

Loc: A Bunker near you
My Wife's friend called out of the blue to reveal she is trying to findout how to imigrate to the US. It seens she is a victim of if you make more the Government should take more. She is a Nurse Practioner(Something Canuckistan desperately needs more of) and she is getting assraped in taxes. She just moved up in tax brackets and now it no longer pays for her to put in long hours as the Trudope government simply takes more of it. Couple that with all the other taxes that Canadians gets fisted with she has decided to come to the land of lower taxes and no blizzards. Pisses me off and I have unadded a few friends I made up there because they are of the mindset that it doesn't matter how hard someone works to better themselves to make more money. What matters is they have more money for the Government to justifiably take to give people that don't even try to do anything with themselves. To pay for healthcare for people that do nothing but the bare minimum in life. These former friends think that is perfectly acceptable because quite often they are the ones that sit on their asses doing nothing but that bare minimum.

#105716 - 09/12/18 07:55 AM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Wolfe4086]
Sawo Offline
Worst poster ever

Loc: Suomi Finland
When you have born and rised in high income tax country, and have had free education, free healthcare and because of that, good job and livelihood... you dont complain about high income tax.

Maybe she get cancer and see how cheap US healh care is and then try to move back to Kanada...

#105717 - 09/12/18 08:11 AM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Sawo]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: Sawo
When you have born and rised in high income tax country, and have had free education, free healthcare and because of that, good job and livelihood... you dont complain about high income tax.

None of that is free. That's why it's a high income tax country.

With that said... I agree with you on "if it's all you have ever known" point.

#105718 - 09/12/18 02:38 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Zin]
Sawo Offline
Worst poster ever

Loc: Suomi Finland
Nothing is free, but lets put it this way.

There is a family with two working adults with two school age kids. Those adults earn about 80K total a year and pay about 20K of income taxes. So this family has 60K to spend mortage, water, electricity, food and fun stuff. Their kids just stated college. With that 20K of income taxes, infrastructure and security works nicely. Roads are nice and there are no road tolls. Libraries, Museums and Parks are free and they are well maintained. Kids have free, highest quality education of the world with free laptop, books and lunch. If anyone in your family get really, really sick, you whole family wont go in bankruptcy. You wont lose your house, you wont lose anything, you kids can graduate and all this costs you 20K.

And, this coverment wont give you a handouts unless you are absolutely broke and you are facing losing home etc. and those handouts keeps you alive with roof over your head but thats it. But, this coverment makes sure that you have possibility to build your life back up (free education, healthcare etc.) but you have to work yourseft to get there.

How much cost good gollege education for 2 kids annually in USA?
How much cost good medical insurance yearly, what covers about 80% of you medical, surgery and drug cost without maximum amount of cost?

To me, high income tax system means carefree living in clean and secure enviroment.

#105719 - 09/13/18 05:08 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Sawo]
Aran Offline
Aryan Dreamboat

Sawo you dumb nigger

#105720 - 09/13/18 06:04 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Sawo]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Nothing is free, but lets put it this way.

There is a family with two working adults with two school age kids. Those adults earn about 80K total a year and pay about 20K of income taxes. So this family has 60K to spend mortage, water, electricity, food and fun stuff. Their kids just stated college. With that 20K of income taxes, infrastructure and security works nicely. Roads are nice and there are no road tolls. Libraries, Museums and Parks are free and they are well maintained. Kids have free, highest quality education of the world with free laptop, books and lunch. If anyone in your family get really, really sick, you whole family wont go in bankruptcy. You wont lose your house, you wont lose anything, you kids can graduate and all this costs you 20K.

I understand forced insurance just fine. I'm not even against it for most things.

I disagree with the highest education part of it if you are talking Canada. They seem to think that a man isn't a male, and a woman isn't a female in colleges of all places. Somehow, someway, they forgot that an XX is a woman, and a XY is a male. Forgot how science works... Not sure.

Quote:
And, this coverment wont give you a handouts unless you are absolutely broke and you are facing losing home etc. and those handouts keeps you alive with roof over your head but thats it. But, this coverment makes sure that you have possibility to build your life back up (free education, healthcare etc.) but you have to work yourseft to get there.

Fair enough.

Quote:
How much cost good gollege education for 2 kids annually in USA?
How much cost good medical insurance yearly, what covers about 80% of you medical, surgery and drug cost without maximum amount of cost?

I haven't had anything taken out of my check for health insurance in ... Like a decade. So I don't really know anymore.

Edit: Just want to add that is NOT NORMAL for the US worker. I wanted more money to work for the company, they didn't want to give it to me in an hourly sense. They offered it in another way, for whatever reason. For me, not taking it out of my check is the same as giving me what it costs as a wage anyway... Same thing. But that's how they wanted to do it. *shrugs* /Edit

Quote:
To me, high income tax system means carefree living in clean and secure enviroment.

I *think* I wouldn't mind living in most places in Canada. I'm not trying to knock the country for sure.

Just saying that Free isn't the word to be using. And if it's all you've ever known it's going to come off as normal. Same could be said for myself in the US. It's not meant to be anything other than the statement.

Edited by Zin (09/14/18 08:42 AM)

#105721 - 09/13/18 10:06 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Sawo]
Wolfe4086 Offline
Slayer of Goth Booty

Maybe she get cancer and see how cheap US healh care is and then try to move back to Kanada...

Except in Canada your education is not free. Your healthcare is watered down and not everything is covered. It is also not just the high income tax. The Trudope government has never met a tax they did not like. Your energy is taxed, fuel for your car is taxed heavily, water is taxed and then you get a 13% sales tax on goods as well as an eco tax on electronics.

#105722 - 09/14/18 12:12 AM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Wolfe4086]
Drakken Payne Offline
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted By: Wolfe4086

Your energy is taxed, fuel for your car is taxed heavily, water is taxed and then you get a 13% sales tax on goods as well as an eco tax on electronics.

So...pretty much just like in the U.S.

#105723 - 09/15/18 12:41 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Drakken Payne]
Zin Online   waaaht-icon
Sir Sheldon

Originally Posted By: Drakken Payne

Your energy is taxed, fuel for your car is taxed heavily, water is taxed and then you get a 13% sales tax on goods as well as an eco tax on electronics.

Just for full transparency... The US was, and kinda still is, a high tax rate country as well.

I mean... Until Trump took office we were at a 35 percent corporation tax. Which... Essentially is passed on to the consumer. Now it's 21%... Which is still pretty bad IMHO.

It's still rather comparable really... We just traded health care for the best military on the planet.

Good trade? *shrugs* I don't think so. It's allowed our "friends and allies" get a economic advantage while we made sure no one fucked with them while they were doing it. Really stupid on our part.

#105724 - 09/15/18 03:22 PM Re: My Wife's friend is now fleeing Canuckistan [Re: Drakken Payne]
Wolfe4086 Offline
Slayer of Goth Booty

Originally Posted By: Drakken Payne

Compared to Canada we are lightly taxed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Zombies and 0 Big Icky Spiders that are going to bite Viv online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod, Specuuul
Moderator:  Dani, Thor, Trillian, vivian 
Recent OT Topics
Happy Thanksgiving
by Drakken Payne
11/22/18 11:21 PM
Featured Member
Top Posters
Ellehcim 6276
baraka66 5392
Flora Green 5310
Ellisande 5132